Friday, June 02, 2006

I'm lying in bed listening to rap on my alarm clock. This naturally put me in a trance and I naturally fell into thought about the Holy Spirit. Something I have heard about the Church of Christ in general is that we sometimes lack the understanding of the Spirit. I don't know if that's true or not, but I know that I am extremely fuzzy on most things about the Spirit.

In pondering about Africa, a place bursting with spirituality, I was thinking and hoping that our bretheren will have a solid grasp on the Spirit.

Wouldn't it be exciting if the churches around the world would use their different and special gifts to gratify the entire body, working together for the glory of God. And wouldn't it be neat if the churches in the U.S. got together and communicated the needs and gifts of all the churches working together for the glory of God. And wouldn't it be neat if the churches in Round Rock, Texas met together and started actively helping and using one another for the glory of God. Yeah, I thought so too.

Another broad idealistic thought (smile) - I must get up and live my day now. My entire past has led up to this very moment in life and now I must make choices on what my priorities are and what my heart is all about. I wouldn't go as far as saying "now" is all I have, because of the promise given to me for the future. However, now might be all I have to impact people's souls, that's intense. Ha, I'm starting to tangent like crazy. Can't wait for Africa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home