Thursday, May 18, 2006

Allow my day to make you jealous. It started with a faulty alarm that failed to go, forcing me to sleep until 1:15. Upon waking, I fixed myself a nighthawk steak and corn TV dinner and watched a Dolly Parton movie, 9 to 5. At this point, I felt like an unemployed/retired person and felt like summer was truely in session enjoying my first lazy day. At this point I worked out, so that I could have that feeling when you work out that something was accomplished during the day. After that I began to write thank you notes and rediscovered how great life is, how good people are and how God delivers. It is so neat to reflect on how the love of God reaches you daily, but especially when your in need and asking God to come through.

My family and I then celebrated my mom's 20th birthday, interestingly enough since my 20th is coming up this year. Heather received her yearbook today so after going through that, my dad cracked out some old pictures and history of how he dominated the earth, especially his high school and those tiny basketball shorts of old. Next, we went to church where Jeff gave a message to me from God. Then the magnificent spurs won game 5 and played like the world champions yet again. Well done. Finally, I hung out with my buds and loved life and relationships. This ended with me and a single bud under the INCREDIBLE moon of tonight (in which I hope y'all saw it) and under the clear night sky and spread of stars. We talked about life and enjoyed listening and being close friends. I highly recommend the practice.

In class tonight, Jeff talked about how God calls us a lot of time to wait. To not be the same fork that is always used at the dinner table, but being used when the time is appropriate. This was a HUGE struggle for me this year. Especially being used to leadership in the youth group, coming to Christian college meant taking the back seat to upperclassmen and amazing professors. The non-Christian also gets small FAST. Obviously, those reasons are not excuses that should be made, however, the fact remains that ministry opportunities were most scarce and I have been anxious for them. I understand that ACU is a preparation place for me to gain life knowledge and wisdom, but it is SO hard to wait. I even thought about the trip to Africa being a learning experience more than a ministry opportunity. It will serve as both, but I understand that God may be telling me to wait and let the ravens (or Spencer Bogle) to send me food and soul food as he prepared me for the work he has for me. Giving control to God, what a crazy notion. I was never great at the patience game, but if it still involves having meaningful conversations with people then I can be cleaned and purified before being put to work again. I went to the World Mission Workshop in the fall semester and our conference song said, "If you say go, I will go. If you say wait, I will wait." It's just a hard thing for a Bible major to swallow that he/she is not God's special tool.

On another note it was interesting being back in the high school class. How much humble pie I have had to eat in a major where most of my fellow students preached at their church or have WRITTEN BOOKS. God is so good. It is so good to get out of ruts. I love random thought. I saw two shooting stars tonight, which makes my soul smile because it reminds me how God is wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home