Sunday, April 30, 2006

As Brad explained, we took part in the Global Night Commute last night.

I have been talking to friends around the nation at different colleges and with different views and beliefs in life, yet with the same goal and mindset for the children of Uganda. Large scale unity is one of the coolest things ever. It was pretty cold, especially for this time as we all bundled up on the cement parking lot last night. However, a friend in Boston said it was next to impossible to even get to sleep, so I suppose I have no room for any complain. I felt as if I barely tasted what it was like to have to walk and sleep in uncomfortable conditions. First, because it was only one night. Secondly, because we were with friends and there was a level of fun and community that I dearly hope the kids in Uganda create. That was my biggest question from the night. Do they create a loving and fun-ish community? What really got me was today, suffering the effects of only getting 4 hours of sleep in an uncomfortable spot. I do not know how those kids do it. They are truely courageous. Pray for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home