Saturday, May 27, 2006

You and I were created in God's image. Why do we settle for mediocracy? Why do I run my life according to the schedual of sporting events? Why would I ever settle for a B, especially when I know I can do better? Why does excessive TV consume time that could be used on relationships or anything else?

God has given us minds that are so incredible. We can think. We can feel. We can love. Granted not all of us are going to be brilliant and come up with a cure to a disease, but we can do so much. If our skill is simply encouraging, why not love on every person we come in contact with? We do not lack skill and brilliance, however, take on the attribute of laziness.

In the same way, as Chrisitans, we have inside of us the Holy Spirit! This Spirit contains the power to do anything. I cannot comprehend this, but I am working on it because it seems like a pretty intense thing that is avaliable and promised to us. Let's explore what the Spirit of God can really do! Not to test, but to believe in the fullness of the statement and gift God has given us.

If I'm settling for mediocracy you have the right to slap me on the head. "We were meant to live for so much more."

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I can't resist - the word is mediocrity. Just so you don't settle when it comes to vocabulary.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Heath said...

Charles, your officially my hero. Ha, im the worst speller in the world. thank you sir. ha

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home