Thursday, April 20, 2006

Reflecting on Africa:

I bet the stars are OUT OF THIS WORLD (of course).
The Nile was once filled with blood. Intense.
African food. hum.

In our small group chapel at ACU today we had a speaker talk to us who was a missionary, mostly to northern Africa places. He spoke French. It was neat, I am pleased to say that after a few years in high school, sophmore year being the last, I have retained some of the French language. I could understand about 60% of what he was saying. He spoke of life being two choices. Life. Or death. He made it sound so simple and amongst a crazy end of school time when grades, papers, tests and this Abilene heat wave are crashing in around you it was something I appreciated hearing.

I get to be that guy to the Ugandan people! The different looking, different sounding, different language guy. It's nice also because if your speaking another language your A) like given pity laughs at everything you say whether your funny or not and B) appreciated and listened to because your from far away. Spence and Em also said that there will opportunity to speak all the time and if we do we will have from 2 minutes to 2 hours. Wow, would that fly in America . . . on our crazy scheduals and hurried mindsets probably not. It's amazing the lessons Africa is teaching me before I get over there.

I mean the Nile was BLOOD . . . really, wow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home