Thursday, July 26, 2007

Home Sweet Home

So we're back!

It has been a foggy hazy blur, but I'm beginning to get my bearings. Technically I am officially suppose to be reacclimated as of sometime around now. They say that for every hour you change zones it takes a day to get back on schedule and we were 12 times zones away and I have been here for about 11 days.

On top of all this two days after arriving home I had four wisdom teeth taken out and have been drugged up nicely to help the situation further. In fact, the first night after the surgery in the morning (granted I took a nice nap that afternoon) I went to sleep early at about 10 PM and the found my body absolutely hating me and utterly confused as I woke up at 2 AM and could not go back to sleep. The woes still slightly continue as after driving across the country for 13 hours I woke up this morning at 6, however, fell back asleep until 8:30.

And yes, right now I am in Nashville, Tennessee visiting a wonderful little gal named Katie! I will be here until Tuesday and then leave to meet my family in Branson, Missouri for a family vacation, yeehaw.

Anyways, it has been an interesting last week with the mixture of being drugged, culture shock and jet lag! The immediate wealth of our country meets us in many ways upon arriving and seeing the melting pot of people again was truely a wonderful sight! The diversity of America is amazing! Understanding the side conversations of people also takes a while to get used to.

The three of us were able to give a presentation to the Round Rock Church of Christ and I believe may eventually be online to listen to . . . Brad, please give us a link, smile . . . and it went well. It's so wonderful to come home to a family of 350 people and tell them what you've been up to for the past two months! We were able to first visit the 5th and 6th grade class who we had been corresponding with in Russia. They would ask us questions and we would report back to them, it was really great! I also ran into some champs campers who recognized me and that was a lot of fun!

As far as the actual reporting went, I was surprised at the quick pace we went at our initial report only took 35 minutes and as we know (especially taking into account that Brad had the floor at one point) is a miracle. It was funny though, because I felt like it was the shortest service ever . . . having experienced 2 consecutive house churches for two months that lastest a straight 9 hours . . . it felt weird to be finished at 12! Everything went great and it was wonderful to see everyone and share a little bit of our experience and of course we want to share more and hope we will have the opportunity to share with everyone!

Finally, I want to say thank you for your prayers and continual support! We ask that you will continue to be in prayer for our brother and sisters in Tomsk and that God will continue to lavish his Spirit, bounding in joy, on our family there!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pate The Great's Papa said...

Glad your back... Hope your visit to Tennessee is going well :)

I know things are a bit crazy back here in the states, but count your blessings bro - toilets with seats , freebirds, and movies in English my friend...

Later,
J

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home