Friday, June 22, 2007

Summer Days

This week has been incredibly wonderful. It has been nice to sit back and watch how God works in people's hearts. It seems as if every person this week has said something along the lines of "I'm really searching for . . . God." Now it doesn't always come out that black and white, although sometimes it does, but our last few studies have been people searching out who Jesus is, what is this life all about and what does the Christian life offer/what is it about.

When I begin or continue to teach people about the Bible and God I always realize how much it makes you own your faith. To profess Jesus brings up a lot of questions from people and naturally we want to have the answers, where that is possible, to the questions they have. Today, I was remembering back to co-teaching the singles class at Round Rock. I was an 18 year old kid, who was more than excited about teaching and more than terrified! It made me really look into what I would be talking about and even then I'm sure it took patience from everyone in the class to deal with a mumbling nervous kid . . . but thank you to all of you who did, it was an amazing growing experience for me and hopefully God can speak a few words through an Indian on edge (that's me) who may or may not be a step above a donkey (Baalaam's of course). Thank you also to Ted Neil for asking me!

And I tell you what . . . it's marvelously fun to tell someone about the gospel, especially when there is any sign of understanding or acceptance in their eye. Katelin appropriately asked us if we cry after every meeting as we get to profess our faith and all of the sweet reasons we believe what we believe and the amazing power of Jesus . . . of course this response would be absolutely acceptable, but the three of us (in Brad's words) do more of a high-fiving-chest-bumping dance afterwards!

. . .

Just a random quote from the day that was incredibly uplifting to me comes from our conversation with Zhenya today. He said, "when I am around Christians, including you, there is a certain calmness around them that I can feel."

. . .

WE HAVE HOT WATER. And they all said, "AMEN!"

. . .

It is officially HOT, by that I mean 80 degrees (sorry Texans) but we broke out the shorts today, and quickly followed that by putting our pants back on so the flesh eating gnats and mosquitos would not devour our bodies.

. . .

I never got to gloat about the spurs winning . . . therefore . . . GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO!

. . .

Please continue to pray for us and thank you so much for doing so! Until next time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog is kind of enjoyable (smile) but it's a party over at Garrett's. You should head over sometime.

8:18 AM  
Blogger megan said...

Hey,
I've been reading your blog a bit...it makes me long so badly to be there!! I want to get on a plane and fly there and hug coltish Sergei (i know you do this too...describe people because they ALL seem to have the same names!) and the anyas and iras and timur and ....well, everyone. give them hugs for me and know that i am praying for you all...oh, and i'm one of the girls that lived there for 6 weeks in 2006 and just before y'all got there i lived in the apartment for 10 days on a visit. have fun!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Blair said...

You don't know me, but I was in Tomsk the same time last year. I laugh when you say 80 because for that part it is pretty warm and most people don't have a/c, so it is quite miserable at times. I know also about the canceling of meetings, everyone had exams to study for and such so we were often times left to find meetings with random people and study more ourselves. I hope you enjoy the rest of your time there, wish I could be there as well.

B

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home