Sunday, June 10, 2007

Lost in Translation

Ha, so I was talking to Brad last night as I was posting the Vasya story and after talking to Garrett this morning we all heard three way different versions. So at this point we are unclear what in the world was, but here are the thoughts.

Obviously I heard him say that there are dangers being a Christian because of possible persecution. I connected that statement to another he said that, "because they are a protestant church they will most likely be driven out of Tomsk." Either way we are not sure how serious he was about both comments.

Brad perceived him saying that because he is a Christian he will actually live longer, we are not sure how this is possible, perhaps a daily dose of God is good for your bones or something.

Garrett heard, which is probably the most probable, that Vasya was saying because he is a Christian now he no longer fears death. So even though Coke may in fact bring a quicker physical death on earth, he is secure in his faith that God has more for him than this short life.

Perhaps there is a lesson in all of these things, which I find facinating, and I am once again amazed by the diffuculty of language and the perceptions and lenses we heard things from!

1 Comments:

Blogger cwiginton said...

I prefer Dr. Pepper just to avoid such confusion.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home