Friday, May 18, 2007

Ready?

I'm getting fired up. I do feel lazy though, with finals and Russia stuff happening all at once I have not posted in such a long time!

I finished my thank you notes the other day and just want to say thank you again to all of you who have given financially and with prayer! I honestly did not think we would make it to our initial goal (thinking we could scrap our way there somehow) yet y'all blew me away again. I feel like y'all continue to disciple me by giving me opprotunities to spread the hope and love that you have given to me.

Brad, Garrett and I met today. Ok I need some sort of quick thing for Brad, me and Garrett so maybe I'll use BIG. The BIG's met up today (yeah definitely can't use that . . . it will go to their head, smile) and talked about what it means to be a follower and believer of the one we call God. It was pretty intense actually as we went over many intense thoughts, ideas and beliefs we hold as Christians. Naturally the other two made outlines that are about 5 typed pages. It's nice to have right brains around for organization. We took a trip to the store to get a couple of things like journals, lemonade and peanut butter (which for whatever reason Russians do not have but love!) and are checking our bags to make sure we keep under the limit of 33 pounds! (plus an 11 pound carry on)

I really am excited about living with the East boys, as I am sure we will learn even more about what we believe and the best ways to present the Jesus we know and love in an honest and good way. We know, of course, that he is in control of all the things beyond that and of ourselves as well and I am convinced that anyone who is in the slightest way looking to fall into a relationship with the radical rabbi will not be let down.

Thank you all again!

1 Comments:

Blogger bigjohn said...

May God greatly bless the BIG's efforts in Russia. And I too thank the many who have supported the BIG's in prayer and financially. Please keep praying for God to do wondrous things in Russia and to take care of the BIG's.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home