Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Highland

I just got a call tonight from the Highland Church of Christ, where Garrett, Brad and I attend during the school year. They have agreed to help us financially on top of praying for us! It's neat to be connected to so many faith communities like the Highland and Round Rock Churches along with the ACU community along with World Wide Witness. Then within the community here we have people focusing on European missions and people like DP from Russia to meet and learn from. Dennis is also going to be making a trip, further west of us, this summer to Russia. He is a grad student and plans to go back to Russia to be a minister after school.

Finals are coming along fine also. I had my Greek final today and it was pretty tough living up to its reputation. I would use this sentence to make a comment like, "but at least I will be able to talk to Jesus in the original language," but I know y'all would come back with, "oh, you know Aramaic?" . . . . it really is neat, though, to be able to see the progress of a year of torture/Greek and open up the original text and know the general meaning of the paragraph.

OK I must get onto cleaning a room. . . . the joys of being an RA the last week of school!

1 Comments:

Blogger bigjohn said...

Thank God for the church, His church, whether it is meeting in Abilene, Round Rock, Tomsk, Jinga, or wherever.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home