Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I apologize for not writing that last entry while in Africa. I felt overwhelmed with trying to put into words the experience of the orphanage, Genocide, Rwanda and Safari trip mixed with dealing with leaving.

I have had so many thoughts during that time that I hope I will eventually be able to share in some organized manner. I'm not sure if anyone is still reading, but I just wanted to post something real quick today.

It has been crazy getting shifted into high gear coming back to ACU to be an RA. Life is going a million miles per hour and the American lifestyle has taken over and it wasn't until yesterday that I realized the whirlwind I had been thrown into. Unfortunately, there has not been much time to talk about Africa with people either, so I am hoping in the near future I can have some process time by talking to some folks about the experience.

I don't know if I will continue to use this blog for Africa thoughts or not. However, I am thinking about broadening my understanding of people, culture, life and God in another area (possible Russia) next summer so if you could throw up a prayer for guidance and direction in that area it would be much appreciated.

Thank you all for reading, its been so encouraging to hear everyone has been keeping up with our blogs!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

We're still interested in any thoughts you want to share. Good luck in Abilene this semester!

4:57 AM  
Blogger Pate The Great's Papa said...

I'll second that! I was hoping y'all would continue to post...

It was great (however short) to see you and Brad and Sarah the other day at the airport!

Hope all is well in the RA dept. - give me a ring when have time.

Much Love,
J

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home