Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Just finished with the last village day (minus Sunday for church). Time is slow and fast and non-existent to I suppose. I think all I have time for is giving you an update of things to come. The Mbarara team just arrived and we are about to get to know them with a camping trip. Then Saturday we will be rafting the NILE with them! Get krunk I know. The following Wednesday a week from today we are going to be traveling to Rwanda for a survey trip. Here we will see how much it will cost to be a missionary in a certain area. What the receptivity of the gospel may be like. Seeing if it may be an area God might be sending us to and the difficulties of the language there. Their language is like top 10 hardest in the world I believe and on top of that the national language is French so perhaps I will be able to brush up my skills. Anyways, it will be doubtful I will have a post in those two weeks cause following the survey trip we will be going on our safari trip to Queen Elizabeth park.

One last thought. The ministers here are amazing. The Basoga leaders are so beyond the maturity I expected. Many have been in a period of discipleship for quite some time and are truely shining. There is still much work to be done, obviously and many other leaders to be trained and enter into discipleship, but the leaders rising to the top are truely encouraging to see how good fruit is being produced. I'm not sure how to brag on these guys, but they are legit. Smile, thank you for your prayers. Katonda ye Baziwe!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know you...just of you...cj talks about you ALOT! You must be something great...I love that you are in Africa...i mean only because i hope to one day make is to Sudan...but afghanistan is where im called to now...i hope to one day meet you...im praying for you...

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home