Thursday, May 03, 2007

Africa Presentation

I just did a presentation on my communication between multinational organizations class, a bit of a mouthful. I presented business in the African culture. It's so fun to tells stories about Africa. It's amazing how people listen intently to my experiences. I think it's also interesting how much more enthusiastic my voice gets when talking about those experiences. Anyways, it went well, and it was yet another opportunity to tell about my friends and their communities stories.

The semester is winding down, I have one more speech to give and then five finals to take and I will be off to get a little rest before the trip! If you could throw up a prayer for the three of us it would be much appreciated.

Just pondering . . . I wonder what God is doing in the lives of those we will interact with this summer . . . I wonder if God takes a Russian accent when speaking, but seriously I wonder if there is accent for those who have verbally heard words now and in the past? hmm interesting . . . Also if Jesus was in your class growing up what would he have written in your yearbook? (great question I know)

I heard that green is the most peaceful color, that would make sense.

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Well I would think the boring answer would be something like..."Love your neighbor as yourself" but I would like to think maybe he had a sense of humor..So maybe something more along the humorous side but I am not going to attempt to be funny because "Girls aren't funny"- Tommy Johnson

11:03 AM  
Blogger happytheman said...

I agree with Melissa, he would have said "love one another" and then something like "stay cool, with creation bro" or these great quotes.

As Australian biker Minister John Smith says, “At the end of the day, sometimes it’s more important to love than to be right.”

And when you head off on your trip remember this great quote:

‘The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes, but in having new eyes.’
(Marcel Proust)

7:20 AM  
Blogger Pate The Great's Papa said...

I don't about Jesus, but I think at least one of the apostles would have written something really cool like "Dude, I'm the 1st one to sign your crack" with a little arrow pointing to the crease where the page and the back cover meet...

No? You don't think so? Hmm.

Well, I wouldn't worry about it too much, 'cause Jesus probably would have done a miracle to make it disappear...

As far as God's accent is concerned - everyone knows it's Scottish.

Okay then... hope no one is horribly offended... (maybe you don't like Jr. High Boy humor or maybe you're Irish) if they are just erase this comment...

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home