Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Stressed

Do I have the right to be stressed? Either way I have been level 10 this week, but when I start to think of my situation in comparison to others namely, the rest of the world, I feel like I should in no way be complaining or stressed because of some college assignment.

I'm excited about Easter, I get to go home and be with family. This doesn't happen as often because of my summer's being spent away and being an RA you do not get many days off including holidays (I had to spend thanksgiving in the dorm).

We also received our invitations from Russia, which we are super pumped up about . . . and we are planning to carefully fill them out and send them in really soon. We took our pictures for our 2x2 photos the other day at walgreens, and naturally all three of us went together (because that's what we do?) and I am proud to say Brad and I made Garrett smile or more smirk in his picture.

Final four was pretty fun, going into it I didn't like either team, but as the game went on I really appreciated the intensity of Florida and their incredible defense. I think it will be interesting what the coach decides to do in terms of staying or going to Kentucky (I don't see how he can turn it down).

CJ finished up the spring break video and its just under an hour long with the adventure and weirdness of the combination of Matt Z, CJ and I. It was really well put together, even if you don't enjoy odd boy humor.

If you have read Brad's blog I am also in the class writing a paper. The topic I decided to tackle was presenting God in a different way than father or friend, but as a lover. It's been interesting and I have been in the Song of Songs chapter 2 looking at specifics of that text.

Today in my mentor group, I was able to think about what I want to work on/ask God for (obviously much more asking God) in the next year/right now. It's nice to step back and think about that every once in while. I would love to focus on making prayer more than prayer time, but a way of life, almost like breathing where God would walk hand and hand with me all day long, in the midst of studying, hanging out with Katie or ministering in the dorm. I also really want to be able to listen to God and hear him speak . . . that would be amazing.

I was also able to meet with the professor, Dr. Shilcutt, I will be peer-leading with next semester. We are super pumped about the incoming freshman and were able to go through ideas for next year over lunch. It's really cool to be a part of the freshman experience as an older (supposively wise) person.

My brain is fryed, but I hope the Easter weekend is a blessing for rest and mediation on the sacrifice of our father and savior.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pate The Great's Papa said...

I hope I get the opportunity to see the video - chalked full of "odd boy humor"...

Did you have a good Easter break? Please, thank your family for making a pit-stop in Taylor on our behalf... We finally got the pictures today... Turns out the family that lives in the our house had accepted the package, and were even kind enough to open it on our behalf... Thankfully, pictures of my kids don't have much street/black market value... Anyway... Tell the family thanks for going the extra mile - literally!

Hope all is well with you!

Much love for ya,
J

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home