Saturday, February 10, 2007

And They're Off!

The letters have been sent, I finished my 4 hour ministry test, and I turned in my application to be an R.A. again.

SIGH.

Now I get to wait and see what God is going to do with all three and I am most definitely excited!

Brad and Garrett made fun of my comment on my last blog that said we had been meeting regularly when we had only met once. At this point we have met twice so I suppose it's legit now (Are you satisfied East boys?)

In my hall of McKinzie dorm we have started an accountability/mentor group and it has been amazing. I am extremely excited to see what God is going to do through the group . . . I am getting on a deeper level with many brothers and that alone has most definitely been wonderful and worth the time!

I also have the sing song thing going on . . . I just made my tin soldier costume and have officially decided that I am participating in a cultish activity. Ha, it's so goofy and so wonderful at the same time to get together with peers and make relationships while singing with cool hand motions (my idea of a great time!)

The ministry test involved me answering close to 1000 questions dealing with emotion/spiritual/physical questions about myself such as "do you feel like someone is out to get you" and many others that are amusing. They do this test to primarily help us if we are dealing with anything that may not have been addressed in our lives before, but also to judge if we are able and ready for ministry to some degree . . . I suppose as much as a soph. in college should be. It will be interesting. I mean, you must remember I come from John and Theresa Newton so who knows what's going in my head.

Classes are going well also! Brad and I are in Dr. Pemberton's Wisdom and Devotional Literature, which consists of Psalms, Song of Solomon, Eccl. and Proverbs and it has been so cool to learn about the depth of the psalms so far and taking different perspectives than usual. I am also in my second semester of Greek, which is been a pretty big challenge lately.

I will end by telling you about the increasing excitement from CJ Pierson, Edris Yousefi and myself for the coming of spring break which will hopefully take us on a road trip to Canada. More to come on that I am sure. Have a wonderful weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home