Friday, December 08, 2006

I lied. I thought AJ was younger than me, but he is not. We have played on opposite sides of the basketball since 7th grade and now he is the star player for the university of texas, that's crazy.

For some reason it seems like a big deal to me to be turning 20 in . . . 11 days (naturally). As a freshman, I felt no need to rush into anything and to love life with no responsibility minus the whole school thing. This year I have added the RA life, which has been slightly crazy along with some other duties at school. I am assuming responsiblity will only continue to build and build. It seems like if I was told this a few years ago it wouldn't seem appealing to me, and it still has a somewhat negative flavor to it to me still . . . but it seems like a good thing. I wonder why? It's not all that bad is it? And is there some sort of secret goodness that responsiblity bring to one's life?

I want to take a moment to brag on our Andy Zimmerman. I don't know why I feel like I can say "our" but I will. He is an amazing man who cares a lot for people especially the ones that are usually overlooked. He was the one i looked up to in the youth group when I was younger and now I have had the opportunity to work under him although he would very much say with him (and i would too) and it's been another great experience. I hear glass bottles breaking in my hallway I must go. Smile, have a wonderful day y'all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Just thought I'd comment: I moved my blog over to brad-in-russia.blogspot.com (the link is on the Jinja Blog as well), so I'll be jumping in on the dialogues once again.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

That's what you think, Wigington. That's what you think.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home