Wednesday, August 30, 2006

It was an amazing day! CJ left for Oxford this morning, ha, that's not why it was great however. It's fun to grow up with a person, I really love that guy. I'm excited that he will have a foreign experience that will broaden my perspective even further.

What I wanted to talk about today was my shiftiness as a person. Fun subject I know. In Africa, I finally became ok with being an introvert and the quiet one. I feel like that's who I am and that I am able to serve God in being that type of person. Yet, upon arriving on the ACU scene 16 hours after getting home I realized that I was in a whole new ball game. Is it fake of me to be an extrovert, because that is what I have been since being here. Between being an RA and hopefully making people feel welcome on the hall and working with Brad with a freshman welcome week group it has not been an option to be the quiet one.

We took a strength test as Mentor Group Leaders and my top one was a learner. Great strength, I know (smile) but all strengths have their negative side too and I think part of that would include sometimes being timid and not stepping up when the time to teach and lead comes. So I understand there is a time for both.

I also understand that we live in a different society than Africa, where many of the outcasts, unloved, suffering, lonely and "losers" are not great socializers, generally quiet people. So where does this put me because it is work for me to be an extravert type? Exactly, knocking at God's door asking for help. It's amazing the job he does, this week I have felt like I am a better extrovert than introvert due to the fact that (and this sounds Bible schoolish but) God is loving and existing through me.

So I suppose the feeling of fake was partly true, but I hope my intentions and heart were right as I seek to imitate Christ and what I think he would be doing, even though I am inept in this category.


One other thought that is quite undeveloped. I am in a good place right now, at least that's how I feel. Is it right to expect and know that a valley will come? How should you feel to know that it will change? I have decided to be overwhelmingly joyfull and if that causes the fall to be harder, pain to feel deeper and the hard times to be more difficult than I guess that's going to happen. Mike Cope described joy and pain like a spring the more you experience one the more fully you can experience the other. I'll have to keep thinking about this one though.

Pray for CJ in ENGLAND!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home