Saturday, June 17, 2006

Went to a family reunion today. My dad is the only non-white fellow in the entire bunch. However, he is the vice-president . . . ANYWAYS, family history is SO interesting to me at this point in my life! It's amazing to see where you came from and roots of who you are. Then naturally I had to start thinking of Jesus quote about his family when he said, "Who are my brothers and my mother?" Obviously family is extremely important, but Jesus places an extreme amount of importance of the family we have in him and in God. So amazing. My mind then drifted to Africa and the community there. They are so amazing at keeping the family and tribe in community together. Helping one another and being in relationship with each other.

Tomorrow, well i suppose today we are prayed over in front of the church. What a powerful time of family coming together to send off some of there own to other family. The body of Christ is such a cool living wonderful thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home