Friday, June 16, 2006

Let me share with you a little piece of greatness. So a friend and I are driving home at 1 AM from a movie in South Austin. Engulfed in glorious conversation we end up driving 10-15 MPH slower than the speed limit on vacant Austin roads. I began to think about some what ifs. What if instead of riding bumpers we were intensely interested and listening to someone? What if our entire priority of the day did not rest on speed, time or any other variables we place ourselves into except for people? What if no one went the speed limit because that would mean leaving an intimate space of talking about life, liberty and chicken juice?

Today I saw three movies in theaters. I am a spoiled brat. I started with the wonderfully absurd Nacho Libre where the dazzling Jack Black proved he is a crazy kind of silly. Next up was a double feature Brad and I went to (Matt Z catching up with us for the second) The Prairie Home Companion and The Proposition. What a wonderful day! Brad and I were also able to catch up with Jason Anderson and dive into each others life and get excited about life. I am also in desperate need of a normal sleeping pattern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home