Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sunny Day

It is such an amazing day here! Does God's creation ever get old? I know there will be times that I don't necessarily appreciate the beauty of the day, but doesn't it have to get to you every once in a while? Where it makes you step back and just say, wow, this is intense and glorious. Or does that end at some point?

Another really random thought that just scampered into my mind . . . we live in a place where there is SO MUCH opportunity. Not even necessarily with jobs or money or whatever, we can just decide to do so many things with life and are not confined as much of the world is confined. However, I usually squander many of those opporutunities or get so busy that I miss the ones that are more important and right in front of my face, especially as I think about the 1000's of people I see each day! I suppose everyone get's beautiful days in some ways (I mean if I can appreciate Abilene COME ON, there is some kind of beauty EVERYWHERE) and everyone get 24 hours to live with. I guess we can be equal in that fact at least no matter where you are.

Ok, one last question . . . where does one find mentors after becoming "an adult"? I still feel like I am surrounded by people who seek out being that as there are many professors and ministers around ACU, but after college where does mentorship come from . . . is that a vital part of life? I hope I'm never too old for a mentor, I hope I don't squander the opportunity of those older and wiser around me.

Have great days!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pate The Great's Papa said...

Mentors. Yes. They're just not as easily accessible...

It stands to reason that as you grow in wisdom, the number of mentors available to you will shrink... Or does that stand to reason at all?

I think it's probablility of being reasonable increases with one's pride... and decreases with their humility. For instance there have been moments when (as teens and as men) you, and other students I have worked with, did in fact mentor me. Though not by design or intent, and only when I was humble enough to accept it...

Good topics in the world of blog today. It started with Brad... Then you... Now I'm off to Garret's (no pressure) :)

Much love,
J

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home