Wednesday, September 20, 2006

This is response to CWig's thoughts a couple of posts ago. I am not sure I understood what you were pondering on, however this is a couple of questions it made me think of.

Are we able and right to treat Christians differently (in this case harshly)? Where does the gentle rebuke turn into more of a friendly stab (that probably is not the best vocab to use)? As a Christian speaker, speaking to other Christians is it effective/ok to give a sermon/lecture/ect like that?

I think Paul would most definitely say that to a non-Christian, we must do all we can to "win them over" with the love of Christ including going into their context and getting into there shoes, so I don't think we should use judgement when talking to pre-Christians (thats a better term than non, smile). . . maybe that statement should be discussed too however.

So can we treat Christians differently than others? That sounds shady, so I'm hesitant, but I'm leaning towards yes.

Anyways, thanks for the comments (to all) and keeping my head on a swivel. Have a wonderful day. I'm still processing lectureship stuff so it may take me a while on that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So we're allowed to judge other Christians? Ask questions, point things out, absolutely, but judging assumes a lot on our part. Just like each person has to reach out to accept grace personally, they also have to accept responsibility (and forgiveness!) for their own sins individually, and rebuking is rarely the best way to get a person to that point. In my limited experience.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home