Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Hair

Why are we so obsessed with our hair?

It can be a stepping stone to become older when you learn to shave.

It can show that you are well minded enough to groom yourself and take care of yourself.

It may determine what socioeconomic class you are in.

Sometimes it defines our self-esteem.

It keeps us warm? ... nah.

It describes our mood.

Or our personality ... and Portland has some personality!

So many things, status symbols, privilege ... ways to differ ourselves from others, to make us individuals (at least in our culture).

As much as I like to tease someone about being bald, I'm actually pretty excited about it so I don't have to worry about such things. Granted I could just buzz my head all the time, but I just can't quite do it yet.

Tonight I'm kinda missing my beard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home