Saturday, July 05, 2008

Hot Dogs

What do you get when you mix the biggest tummies in the world with a stop watch, a crowd of 50,000, and a bunch of hot dogs. . . .

The fourth of July at Coney Island at the World Famous Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest.

Did we witness Joey Chesnutt eat 10 (10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) hot dogs in his first minute? YES!

Did we witness both of the contenders eat 59 hot dogs in 10 minutes? YES!!

Did we witness each of the finalists eat five hot dogs in less that 4.2 seconds? Not quite, but it was close!

And yes Joey Chesnutt won the match to keep the hot dog eating title, the SUPERBOWL of eating, in the U.S. of A.

(P.S. one of the contenders ate 1.5 gallons of Chili in 5 minutes and 25 seconds.) I feel like I could go into all sorts of theological discussion from here, but I will not go there right now!

Goodness gracious!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are having a wonderful experience. I was just in NY 2 weeks ago for work. I now realize I was just 5 miles from BFC on the Hutchinson River Pkwy. I didn't know where you were staying but I couldn't stop anyway. :-( I had to get a co-worker to JFK. I see you posted on Garrett's blog. It sounds like he is having a hard time with village food. Are you having some good food in NY? Take care.

Ray

11:55 AM  
Blogger Heath said...

Wow! Yeah I must have just missed you then . . . food here is great! I have fallen in love with New York style pizza and have been trying lots of stuff from Indian, to Chinese, to Albanian, to West African . . . . so its all great and has taste compared to Posho in good ole Uganda. (although you gotta love the posho)

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We look forward to the Bronx and NY experience son. See you soon. Keep serving son ...

Big John

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home